Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hearts of Thanksgiving!

I am simply astonished at God's amazing love.  He provides for everything we need all the time.  Looking back at that first time Dr. Hochman told us the $25,000.00 figure I was floored.  In my meager mind there was NO WAY we could ever raise that kind of money.  God knows how to take the impossible and make it the possible and I am just stunned everytime I see Him working in our lives.
Before we ever left this week, we recieved a substantial donation from Pilgrims Freewill Baptist Church in Erwin, TN.  As I read the card from them I was simply awed at the humble love sent to us.  For each of you at Pilgrim, let me just say again thank you and I hope that the Lord will richly bless your church! 

For all of you that were able to attend our benefit in TN Friday night; Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.  With all the snow on our way up the mountain I would have been pleased to have our family and the preacher to show.  But there were almost 50 people there.  We had a wonderful service with singing, shouting and old-fashion preaching.  (The girls and Conner even got to hear my Papaw preach a little.  That is a memory that I hope they will cherish forever.)   Then when the offering was counted I was simply speechless.  This little church family who didn't even know us, only knew our extended family, raised $1,200.  Isn't God good?  Our family will never be able to adequately express our gratitude to each and every person who has sacrificed to help with Conner's medical expenses.  Our love goes out to each of you...and hope that someday we will be able to bless another family the way we are being blessed now!!! 

1 comment:

  1. "I have been young and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread." Psalm 37:25

    It's amazing what God does for His children. Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete