Thursday, February 4, 2010

Little is much!

I am constantly amazed at the outpouring of love from our family, friends, coworkers and yes even strangers.  For all of you that have been used to bless our lives recently let me just say thank you!  Conner is doing well.  He has had an ear infection that we just can't seem to get rid of despite antibiotics, but is still has the sweetest temperment.
 I don't talk a lot on here about Conner's big sisters but let me just ask you all to please say a special prayer for Mallory and Makenna.  I know that their little hearts are hurting, but it is not quite so easy for them to express.  Mallory has tried to rub her face long enought to make it red so that she can have a "tumor called e-man-g-oma" too and Conner won't be lonely.  (her words) And she is always requesting prayer for Conner at Wednesday night prayer meeting.  Plus just two days ago I found Makenna's My Little Pony (her fave Christmas present that just happens to be white) with ketchup smeared across its face.  Ofcourse me being quick to jump to conclusions I fussed at her for eating with her toys and getting food on things, and she very calmly replied "But Momma that's not food, thats Sweetie Belle's birthmark."  I felt ashamed at my attitude, and blessed to have such understanding children.  In their own sweet ways they are reaching out to us every day and I just hope that our Lord continues to comfort their fragile hearts as He has being doing to ours. 
All in all our family is wonderful.  We are getting ready to head to TN on Feb. 12 for a benefit service for Conner at a church my grandparents frequent in Ernestville.  I am ecstatic to meet this fellowship of believers that have been lifting Conner up in prayer. (Also just maybe we will get to see some of my wonderful TN family, that I love so much but don't see quite enough of,  HINT HINT!!! I miss all you Hughes's!)  
Plus one of my very  sweet co-workers, Rosa, has asked her youth group to head a fundraising project.  They discussed it and all the youth agreed that it was something they would like to undertake.  They will be selling the rubber bracelets with inspirational words on them, and the proceeds will go towards Conner's medical expenses.  Rosa told me tonight that as she requested prayer for our family one of their little girls, a 5 year old, came up with $2.00 and asked for her to please give it to that little baby. And then another member of their youth group also gave $5.00.   Talk about the water works from this humbled momma.  If only I could have that same attitude....Little is definetly much when God is in it.  Thank you again to each one of you!   Have a blessed week and please be safe if weather conditions are rough at your house.  : )

1 comment:

  1. God's work is so mysterious. I just love it. We're praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete