Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thank you!

I want to start off by saying we are daily amazed at the blessings the Lord has for us.  God has done so much for us during this time and continues to bless us more than we deserve.  We have had so much help in the past few weeks...I do not want to leave anyone out but let me just list a few of the unexpected blessings we recieved! 
-A close friend of mine is chosing to remember a dear loved one that passed away this summer by sharing Conner's story.  It means the world to us that she is getting our story out and raising funds for this wonderful organization that is helping Conner.  (Sidenote:  Jackie, I miss Tammy so very much and hope that you know how much I loved and respected her!) 
-Several people have walked up to either Billy or I and slipped us some gas money, plus a dear couple drove all the way to our house (which is not close to anything) and brought us a $50 gift card for gas.  Thank you all so much for the help with this much needed expense. 
-My amazing family has been so supportive.  Mom has kept my girls several days and treated them like princesses even though they had a yucky case of strep throat.  Dad volunteered to drive Billy and I to Charleston, so that we could get some much needed sleep along the way.  Sissy (or Jennifer LOL) helped open up a bank account for Conner and agreed to be the trustee and help keep up with any funds coming in for him. 
-Several friends and family members have taken my frantic phone calls to answer questions that pertain to their jobs.  April thanks for the accounting advice!  Angie thank you for answering my dermatology questions.  And everyone else that have listened thank you so much!
-Most of all I appreciate my sweet husband and the loving way he has supported me through all of this.  All of my completely confusing phone calls of "what if this happens or what if that happens?"  have been handled with gentle patience and I could not ask for more. 

I will post about the day of Conner's first surgery soon!  I am stuck at work all night so I am anxiously waiting Christmas morning with babies!  : ) Merry Christmas to you all! 

In true holiday spirit this is Conner's wonderful Thanksgiving bib from sweet Tappanjackie!  : )

1 comment:

  1. He's such a cutie! The bib looks great on Conner! You know we're happy to help y'all any way we can. We love you and your family so much! You're in God's hands sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete